Friday 27 March 2020

Nobody Needs to Read These Words


Sending messages in Morse code,
despair reaches new levels of absurdity.
Nobody needs to read these words.
What do the thoughts in your head do?
Do they sit and sulk in the corner,
arms tightly folded, scowling expressions on their faces?
Or do they go dancing naked in the rain?
We need to defy gravity ‘for the sake of the children.’
People posting their contempt for politicians
on social meedja
generates a feeling of contempt within.
‘This makes you just as ridiculous,’
I say to my non-existent self.
Once again, I find myself sitting on a cloud
and looking down at the world beneath me.
I have too many vivid memories.
You are advised, at the present time, to do the right thing.
All I’m doing here is illegible,
and this is why I need to have some new brake-pads
fitted on to my mind’s wheels.
Get you!
Semantic saturation’s nothingness.
Genetically engineered bathroom design
with four sugars.
Have you ever fully disintegrated?
At the age of fifty
fluorescent pink and lurid lime green,
preferably in tandem,
are still my favourite colours.
It’s a good thing that sophistication
was never one of my ambitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment