Tuesday 17 January 2012

Clothe Me!


Clothe me in my clothes, for nothing else will do,
   Don’t dress me up in fountain pens,
Or cover me in glue;
   Don’t make me wear a bowl of soup,
Or paint me Navy blue.
Just clothe me in my clothes, for nothing else will do.

Crown me with a crown, for nothing else suffices,
   Don’t coronate with marmalade,
Or nuclear devices;
   Above my head, don’t leave a cow;
Or Middle Eastern spices.
Just crown me with a crown, as nothing else suffices.

Shower me with showers, or else it ain’t sufficient,
   Don’t shower me with hoover bags,
Or theta's co-efficient;
   Don’t spray me with chrysanthemums,
Or peasants not proficient,
Just shower me with showers, or else it ain’t sufficient.

Stop me with a stop sign, to end this silly verse,
   Don’t stop me with banana skins,
Or Shakespeare’s witches’ curse;
  Don’t try and halt with four-wheel drives,
Or Mrs Mumble’s nurse,
Just stop me with a stop sign, and end this silly verse.

1 comment:

  1. I can't read this without a ukelele and George Formby's voice in my head.

    ReplyDelete