Thursday 7 February 2013

The Poem Which You’ve Heard a Thousand Times Before



How’s it going? Nice to see ya! Who ate all the pies?
Start from scratch. Because you’re worth it. What a nice surprise!
Talk the hind legs off a donkey. Someone’s for the chop.
Get behind me, Satan! Who’s the Daddy? Don’t talk shop.

The truth will out. I’ve started so I’ll finish. What’s the score?
Read my lips. The lady’s not for turning. This means war.
The odds were stacked against us. It’s a race against the clock.
Quit while you’re ahead. I’m sorry. Where’s my other sock?

How about a refill? Put the gun down. What’s for tea?
I tawt I taw a puddy tat. To be or not to be.
Give a dog a bad name. It’s not fair! It could be you!
Money makes the world go round. You’re joking! Peek-a-boo!

Dig for victory! Last man standing. Feel the love. Get lost!
Be with you in a minute. What’s the story? Count the cost.
Face the music. Get a life. Excuse my French! You what?
Strength in depth. No time to lose. The End. (-ish). Dot, dot, dot…

No comments:

Post a Comment