Thursday 27 October 2011

I Spy


I spy, with my little eye, something beginning wi…

No, no, let me guess! Is it Nothing?!

Er, no. It’s not Nothing. And I was going to let you guess anyway; the entire concept of “I Spy” is predicated on you guessing.

Oh. Is it Nautilus Beanfeast?

Yes! I mean no, it’s not Nautilus Beanfeast.

Is it… Nevertheless?

Might be. Actually, der, no. What a stupid question.

Is it Nine?

Nine what?

Just the number Nine.

Nein.

Yes, nine.

Sorry. Bad joke. Have another guess.

Naval Architecture?

No.

Nessus, the centaur killed by Hercules?

Hardly.

Um… Noble Gas?

No.

Norwegian Wood?

No.

Nativity Scene?

This isn’t going very well, is it? Last guess.

Last guess?!

Yes. I’m getting bored; and besides, I need to go out and get a haircut.

Right. Word beginning with ‘N’. Do I get a clue?

Yes. It begins with the letter ‘n’ and you have to be able to see it.

I have to be able to see it? Why didn’t you say? Oh, look – I can see it. It’s Nicaragua, isn’t it?!

Nicaragua? You can’t see Nicaragua.

You can!

Not from here you can’t.

Oh. I get it now. Is it… Nigeria? Is it? Tell me. Hang on. Where's he gone? Sorry - back in a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment